Monday, July 16, 2007

Festival

16th. July


I went to Nathan Philiips Square to see "Thai Food Festival" with Mie(again, hehe^-^;). My major was Thai and Japanese languages in university and I have really beautiful memory about Thailand; even though I've almost forgot Thai language, I'm still interested in Thai culture.

People could rent a traditional thai cloth and took a picture.
To see white girl wear the cloth was a fresh impression to me. We, also, got many imformation about thai food. For example, Mulberry green tea, mangosteen juice, some sort of chilly sauce and so on. Mulberry green tea's taste is like a normal green tea but there is no bitter taste and no caffeine. According to some reports, that is good for high-blood pressure, cholesterol, cold, etc. Mangosteens are good for our health as well but I didn't know that most good things are contained in the peel. That's why a mangosteen juice that have every part of the fruit is better, the seller said. And then, we tried thai chilly sauce. It was not that spicy when I put that in my mouth but 20~30 seconds later...... my mouth started burning. It was so exciting!! ^-^ After checked every booth, I bought some tea and Mie bought the chilly sauce.

And then, we tried some thai dished; pattai, green curry and fried rice. It was my first time to try green curry. It was mild than normal curry. I thought curry is always yellow,
but green? It was so nice!!


We enjoyed traditional thai dance and music, too. I hope I can see Korean festival in Toronto, someday.....

And then, we went to see a play, "Yabuno naka". I think everybody already knows my story about that. Here are some pictures and link.





http://www.ahuritheatre.com/

4 comments:

Don said...

We visited Thailand last year and stayed in Bangkok and at Patong Beach in Pukhet. We really like the food, which can be very spicy! We went to this restaurant, Baan Kanitha, at Soi 23 Sukhumvit, in Bangkok, which was fantastic. The food was so spicy and the beer was strong -- Beer Chang, 6% alcohol -- so we got a little drunk! The restaurant has a website:

www.baan-kanitha.com

The other thing about Thailand is the massage. Did they have any at the festival?

janja530 said...

Could you take me that kind of place next time?^^ I like tai too!
As you know I'm free every weekend!

chako said...

WoW! I really like Thai food too!!
When I was in Japan, I usually went to Thai restaurant with my friends.
My favorite Thai food are Green Curry, Pad Thai,Fried cashew nut chicken and Spring Roll.... Some time I cook Spring Roll for my hostmother and myboyfriend.
Ohh..I'm so hungry!! In addition, you can have a conversation with me out of class if you want.
Tomoko

irina091 said...

yes, there was thai massage booth. but we didn't have enough money, so we just watched it T.T Let's get together to have some meal later, guys~^-^