Wednesday, July 11, 2007

talk, talk, talk

8th. July

I went to a silver city movie theater which is located at Yogne-Eglinton to watch a movie, Transformer with my friend, mie. Transformer is one of the most expected movies in this year. Actually, I really really wanted to see this movie from last winter. It was awesome as my expectation!! Another my friend, Daniel, watched Transformer animation when he was 9 years old. He had always thought like "I wanna see real robots, not in an animation, someday!!" Now, the dream came true(Of course, the robots are unreal in the movie but, well, it looks like real!!). So he and I were really excited after we saw the trailer last winter. I'll buy the DVD later.

After the movie was finished, Mie and I went to a Korean/Japanese restorant because we needed rice. ^-^;; And then, we went to starbucks to grab a coffee(We love coffee!! I think we are addicted coffee.). Mie is from Japan. We have known each other for 10 months. She likes to make comparison between asian culture and western. Today's topic was about Korean, Japanese and Latin guy.(Actually, our topic is usually about guy ^-^;;;). She said Korean guy is the best as a boyfriend. Firstly, most Korean guy take military service. That's why she thinks they are manly and have good body shape(more muscle, tall etc.) Secondly, they are pure and kind to women. For example, when a woman and a guy walk on street together, guy always walks beside road for protecting her. Well, I agree with some part. I think Korean guys more try to protect women than other guys who are from other countries. At that time, we ran into Daniel and he joined us. He is a Brazilian but he doesn't look like Brazilian because his parents are Chinese. I met him last september. Anyway, his opinion about Korean guy was that they're so nice to women and treat women all day. However, they start to change after marry. That's true but I think they were influenced from so many Korean drama.

And we had to leave starbucks 'cause it was time to close. So we went to St. louis to drink. About Japanese guy, Mie said like young Jpanese guys want to make a girl friend just for having fun, thesedays. And I said Latin guys think about girls more easily and they can make a girl friend really simply. There was really really cute Japanese girl in my ex-class. Every guy wanted to date with her but they couldn't even try to talk with her. One day, one Mexican guy started to come this class and he talked to her right away and then they started dating 3 days later. Mie totally agreed with me and we think they often cheat on their girl friends. But Daniel said No, no, no, no~~~~~ that depends on person and he and his friends have never cheated in their life.

Mie heard interesting things from Canadian guys on the subway few days ago. They said Canadian think Asian women are so smart and usually Canadian guys prefer to Chinese women. Korean women are traditional so they don't allow anything and they have no idea about Japanese women. Daniel and I were surprised 'cause we thought they prefer to Japanese women. We saw that many canadian guys were with Japanese women. And Daniel said reson why Canadian guys like Asian women is that they think Asian women serve men. They do all house work like cook, clean up and so on for men. On the other hand, western women are independent and men should do house work for women. Daniel really thinks so about Brazilian women. In Brazil, he always cooked for his ex-girlfriend and the ex-girlfriend always was just waiting for dishes and said hurry, hurry, hurry, too late!! I'm so hungry!!! like this. But I think Asian women are independent as well thesedays. It's not the 18 century anymore.

After that we talked of personl things 'cause of alcohol, we can't continue the topic. We really enjoyed conversation and we were so happy that night~ ^-^


http://www.toronto.com/ You can check movie theaters' location, list and time table as well.


PS: Don, I'm so sorry for late report. I couldn't use internet from yesterday in my house. I'm using wireless internet, so it happens sometimes.

4 comments:

Don said...

Here's a university life topic for sure! I am told that at York University, 44% of the students were born in another country, and a further 23% were born here but to very recent immigrant parents -- so that two-thirds of the students speak a language other than English at home.

So this is the kind of thing you will find them talking about a lot -- sometimjes even in English! (You *were* talking in English, right?)

What do other people think? Which countries do the best girlfriends / boyfreinds come from? (Be nice, though, with your ideas!)

Life is how you make it said...

I wanna see the movie la....lol

chako said...

Hi Isabel! I've watched this movie already. That was fun. But actually I didn't know much about this cartoon. Did you know that Transformer came from Japan??
Tomoko

irina091 said...

Yes, we talked in English. They don't understand Koran, and I don't know their languages as well. ^-^;;; I have never seen "transformer" in animation, but one of my friends saw when he was a child. Another friend said he watched on TV in Canada about 1 year ago. I think the animation is so famous like "Mazingga-Z" hehe ^-^